We can say happiness vs sadness or depression or hopelessness but really happiness VS nothing. Happiness is encoded in each of us. With every breath, with every thought, with every word, we are evoking the God’s of whatever we are focusing upon. I know you have all heard this before but if we had really heard it we would all be liberated.
Happiness is encoded in us. Yogi Bhajan used to say it was our birthright. If it is so then that means it is part of our DNA. We came in with Happiness as a cellular experience. We get to yes get to choose if we will live to that.
I want to share with you my practices that bring me back from whatever recesses claim my attention that create something other than happiness. Happiness means you trust the Universe is truly giving you what you need to excel and merge.
1. I meditate and yes sometimes I must say it is not enough in that moment. Sometimes I need to be in and with it longer.
2. I exercise.
3. I call someone who will not lecture me but will bring me back to my essence of trust and hope because of who they are and who they know I am. It is not the same person.
4. I read something funny or watch something funny Youtube is a blessing
5. I read Hafiz “Hey Beloved my heart is a raging volcano of love for you. You’d better start kissing me or else” I love getting bossy with God.
6. I see who I can inspire or uplift.
7. I am willing to be unhappy for awhile to let it show me the root that needs to be released.
8. I sing, I chant, something I love that is lively and hopeful and will change my DNA
Tell me your tricks and we will share our bags of tricks to be and stay in the lap of the Divine.
Love and Blessings