Food: Release– When we need release, how does food play a part in this? Many ways. First, when you are really releasing, the best thing to do is drink only. (Yes, non-alcoholic is always best in this situation.) Why? Because food will hold whatever you are trying to release in. It will sit on top of the thought, emotion, the feeling. It will act as a cover-up. There is no release in cover-ups.
Food is meant to nourish us, to sustain us, to energize us. When we need release, it may be because we feel stuck or constipated. It may also be because we know we are stressed and holding onto old patterns or a challenging conversation. To help the release, drink lots of lemon or lime water, drink detox or smooth move tea. Give your body a break from food. We can go a long time without food, oxygen no, but food yes.
I remember in the 1970’s, Dick Gregory was this famous Black comedian that said until the Vietnam War was over, he would live on lemon, honey and water. He did and he walked crisscrossing the nation several times while on this fast, which lasted over 2.5 years until the war ended. I was at a fundraiser for him near the end of the war and he looked great. I remembered that the food at the fundraiser was hideous. I wished that I had stuck with lemon water.
I can tell you foods that will help you release when you feel stuck:
- You all know prunes; most fruit with the exception of bananas will work well
- Flax seeds, psyllium seeds, fenugreek, licorice, teas
- Harsh herbs like senna are only to be taken, if nothing else is working, but I should note that they are very harsh
- Vegetable juices will help; they sustain and support the system and also act as great cleansers
There are so many great juicing combinations and each one is great for cleansing and releasing the toxins from some part of your body. Celery for nerves; beets, carrots, and radishes for your liver; cucumber to cool the body and as a great diuretic. Look at the properties of the vegetables and you will get to know what it is good for. What it looks like can reveal its hidden healing like the strings of celery and ginger, which look like our nervous system. Let the world of food unveil itself to you. Let the mystery become mastery.
Here are a few ways to stop things when there is too much release:
- Cook organic white Basmati rice with raw onions and yogurt, if you are not vegan or raw.
- Bananas mixed with carob powder and chopped almonds, even bananas on their own will help.
- Dry toast with peppermint tea will settle the stomach.
- To sooth the intestines after a tremendous release, try acidophilus and chlorophyll
Remember that physical release will always tell you about a mental or spiritual release. When you need to release on a metaphysical level, releasing on the physical level will aid the process. Enjoy the releases of fear and all the baggage of the past!
I ________________________________________________ will use
to help me when I am releasing a situation, feeling, and event from my life.